2. Support for adopted children
Sometimes it can be difficult growing up as an adopted person. Maybe no-one knows very much about your early life or you don't have photos of yourself or information about things you did as a younger child. Maybe children at school are unkind to you because they don't understand about adoption.
Support groups for children and young people
7 to 11 year olds
We have recently introduced a group for adopted children aged 7 to 11 years old.
This group is taking place 3 times per year during school holidays.
12 to 18 year olds
Once every 3 months we hold a group for Adopted Young People aged between 12 to 18 on a Saturday. This gives you the opportunity meet other young people and talk about topics that matter to you and to enjoy activities together.
We may also be able to help you by:
- listening to your story
- sharing information from your records
- putting you in touch with other young people who are adopted
- giving you information about other organisations specifically for young adopted people
- helping you understand your own life story
Last updated: 29 May 2019