2. Support for adopted children
Sometimes it can be difficult growing up as an adopted person. Maybe no-one knows very much about your early life or you don't have photos of yourself or information about things you did as a younger child. Maybe children at school are unkind to you because they don't understand about adoption.
Every month we hold the Buckinghamshire Adoption Support Services (BASS) Young Peoples Group for adopted children. Members of the group are involved in home visits to introduce the group to potential members and their parents.
We may also be able to help you by:
- listening to your story
- sharing information from your records
- putting you in touch with other young people who are adopted
- giving you information about other organisations specifically for young adopted people
- helping you understand your own life story
Last updated: 1 August 2017