1. Support for adoptive parents
Adoption is a lifelong commitment and we provide post-adoption services for all those involved in the 'adoption triangle', children and adopted adults, adopters and birth relatives.
We recognise that adoptive parents and their children may require on going support or assistance at specific times.
Adoption support can be requested at any point. We provide a service for people affected by adoption who live in Buckinghamshire.
The types of adoption support that can be sought are listed below and an assessment will help us determine what service may be suitable:
An advice line where one of our workers is available to offer information and advice relating to adoption and special guardianship support.
Open Monday - Wednesday, 13:00 – 17:00 and Friday, 13.00-16.30
Call 01494 586626
- Support group for adopted young people – Buckinghamshire Adoption Support Services (BASS) Young People's group for adopted children. Held once every three months.
- Means tested financial assistance for families, based on the child’s needs
- Twice yearly social events for adoptive families offering support and the opportunity to meet other families and professionals
- Regular training workshops for adoptive parents
Further support can be accessed via requesting an Assessment of Need. You can discuss this further by contacting the advice line.