1. Support for adoptive parents
We know that adoption is a lifelong commitment.
The Post Order Support Team provide post order services for all those involved in the 'adoption triangle', including:
- adopted adults
- birth relatives
- special guardians
We recognise that adoptive parents and their children may require on going support or assistance at specific times.
Adoption and special guardianship support can be requested at any point. We provide a service for people affected by adoption who live in Buckinghamshire.
Types of support
There are various types of adoption support available:
- Children's group for adopted children aged 7 to 11 years
- Young people's group for adopted children 12-18 years old
- Educations consultations
- Special Guardian's monthly support group
- specialist parenting groups
- means tested financial assistance for families, based on the child's needs
- twice yearly social events for adoptive families
- contact reviews
- regular workshops and specialist courses for adopters and special guardians
- life story consultations
Further support can be accessed via requesting an Assessment of Need. You can discuss this further by contacting the advice line.
Post order advice line
An advice line is available to offer information and advice relating to adoption and special guardianship support.
Monday and Friday 10.30am-4.30pm
You can also join our mailing list to receive regular updates. Please email email@example.com
Last updated: 30 May 2019