Multi-Agency Safeguarding Hub (MASH)
What is MASH?
MASH stands for Multi-Agency Safeguarding Hub. We aim to improve the safeguarding response for children and vulnerable adults. We do this through better information sharing and safeguarding responses.
We know that early intervention is key when it comes to safeguarding. By bringing people together we create stronger links with other agencies. This approach helps identify risks resulting in earlier intervention.
The Safeguarding professionals based in Aylesbury Police Station are:
- Buckinghamshire County Council (children's and adult's services)
- Thames Valley Police
- Buckinghamshire Healthcare Trust
By working together they can share relevant information in a secure environment. The MASH will also seek information from other agencies across both the public and voluntary sectors.
What are the benefits of MASH?
Bringing together key safeguarding agencies in a MASH enables:
- better information sharing and awareness of the bigger picture
- better informed, multi-agency risk based decisions
- earlier identification of risk
- a more coordinated response
- appropriate early intervention
If you have any concerns please get in contact.