Multi-Agency Safeguarding Hub (MASH)
What is MASH?
The Buckinghamshire Multi-Agency Safeguarding Hub (MASH) co-locates key partners in order to improve the initial response to safeguarding concerns in relation to children and vulnerable adults.
Bringing together key partners and forging stronger links with other agencies enables information to be shared quickly and effectively and better informed decisions to be made by social care. This approach will assist in identifying risk at an earlier stage and result in appropriate early intervention in order to safeguard vulnerable children and adults.
Safeguarding professionals from Buckinghamshire County Council (children’s and adult’s services), Thames Valley Police and Buckinghamshire Healthcare Trust will be working together from Aylesbury Police Station. They will access their respective organisation’s systems and share relevant information in a secure environment. The MASH will also seek information from other agencies across both the public and voluntary sectors.
What are the benefits of MASH?
Co-locating key safeguarding agencies in a MASH enables:
- Better information sharing and awareness of the bigger picture
- Better informed, multi-agency risk based decisions
- Earlier identification of risk
- A more coordinated response
- Appropriate early intervention, resulting in longer term benefits for children, vulnerable individuals and partner agencies.