Multi-Agency Safeguarding Hub (MASH)
What is MASH?
The Buckinghamshire Multi-Agency Safeguarding Hub (MASH) co-locates key partners to improve the initial response to safeguarding concerns in relation to children and vulnerable adults.
Key partners working together, forging stronger links with other agencies enables information to be shared quickly, effectively and better informed decisions made. This approach will assist in identifying risks earlier and result in appropriate early intervention made to safeguard vulnerable children and adults.
The Safeguarding professionals below will be based in Aylesbury Police Station:
- Buckinghamshire County Council (children’s and adult’s services)
- Thames Valley Police
- Buckinghamshire Healthcare Trust
They will access their respective organisation’s systems and share relevant information in a secure environment. The MASH will also seek information from other agencies across both the public and voluntary sectors.
What are the benefits of MASH?
Co-locating key safeguarding agencies in a MASH enables:
- Better information sharing and awareness of the bigger picture
- Better informed, multi-agency risk based decisions
- Earlier identification of risk
- A more coordinated response
- Appropriate early intervention, resulting in longer term benefits for children, vulnerable individuals and partner agencies.