Future of Thrift Farm
4. Consultation on the Future of Thrift Farm
On 4 February 2019, the Cabinet agreed to run an 8-week consultation about the future of Thrift Farm. The consultation starts at midday on Wednesday 13 February 2019 and will remain open until midnight on Tuesday 9 April 2019.
Why we are looking at the future of Thrift Farm
There are a number of challenges in relation to Thrift Farm including:
Health and safety risks
What are we asking you
Three options are being considered for the future of Thrift Farm. These are; to continue under the council, to close or to be run by another provider. During the consultation we will be asking:
- If anyone has a viable proposal for services to continue at Thrift Farm?
These should be in the form of a business plan and submitted through
- How might closure of the service affect you personally?
- How can we lessen any negative affect on you?
- What else do you think we should consider when taking the decision about the future of Thrift Farm?
How to give your views
You can give your views in any of the following ways:
- Complete our online questionnaire
- Complete a printed copy of the questionnaire. Copies are available Thrift Farm cafe or on request from other County Council adults social care services you attend. Once completed, please hand it to the service manager
- Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Call us on 01296 383 122 and leave a message
- Come and talk to us at one of our drop in sessions (see below for dates)
How we will involve services users
We have arranged for Talkback to hold sessions with service users between 11 and 16 March at the Farm. The will work with service users to help them to share their views. Talkback will be able to explain things in way people can understand and help them to have their say.
We will hold drop-in sessions during the consultation period. These will be held in the Cafe at Thrift Farm on the following days:
- Wednesday 20 February 2019 6pm-8pm
- Friday 1 March 2019 2pm-4pm
- Wednesday 13 March 2019 – 5pm-7pm
- Wednesday 20 March 2019 – 4pm-6pm
- Tuesday 2 April 2019 - 10am-12pm EXTRA SESSION ADDED
What happens after the consultation?
Any further decisions on Thrift Farm’s future will be taken by the Council’s Cabinet.
We try our best to keep you updated. But, if you have any concerns or questions, please call us on 01296 383122 or email us on email@example.com
Last updated: 3 April 2019