Apply for Local Emergency Support
If you live in Buckinghamshire, you may be able to apply for Local Emergency Support. It is intended to cover urgent short-term emergencies (i.e. no immediate food, no heating or lighting) through the use of food banks, food vouchers and utility meter top-up where appropriate or limited assistance towards other forms of fuel in an emergency situation.
We will make a decision based on your individual circumstances.
The online Local Emergency Support form is currently unavailable. Please use the contact numbers below.
Claims for Local Emergency Support should be made through these numbers:
In addition, we will look to provide assistance with essential items to individuals and families being rehomed by local authorities and partner agencies.
In cases where it is appropriate to provide goods to meet an agreed need, we will look to help in one or more ways, including providing quality, second-hand goods or services wherever possible via direct referrals to suppliers.
We will look to provide the above services through Local Emergency Support or where appropriate, referrals to other services.
For more information on support for older or vulnerable residents, visit the Care Advice Buckinghamshire website.
Universal Credit Online Money Manager
Online Money Manager is an essential tool that will help people to plan and budget for this new way of receiving their money and paying their bills. They will be able to find personalised information about bank accounts, help with setting up direct payments to landlords, budgeting and saving money on regular bills, as well as where to go for additional support if they are struggling with financial commitments.
The online service includes:
- step by step questions that signpost users to financial guidance and support relevant to their personal circumstances
- hints and tips for managing money and paying bills from a monthly payment.
- signposting to further support, such as advance payments and free debt advice
Other sources of help
- Buckinghamshire Family Information Service
- Free School Meals
- Shelter – The housing and homelessness charity
- Family Fund – Grants for disabled children
- The Money Advice Service
- Age UK
- Citizens Advice Bureau
- The Trussell Trust - Emergency food and support in a crisis
- One Can Trust Charity
- Vale of Aylesbury Vineyard
- Central Aid
- DWP – Budgeting Loan online applications
- Aylesbury Vale District Council – Financial & Debt Advice Service
- Charis Grants - Need help with utility debt, other essential priority bills or household items? Complete an online form for your supplier assistance
- Citizens Advice Aylesbury Vale