Request an ID verification appointment (EU Settlement Scheme)
The EU Settlement Scheme allows you to continue to live in the UK after 30 June 2021 if you, or a family member, are an:
- EU citizen
- EEA citizen
- Swiss citizen
Before you can apply for the EU Settlement Scheme, you will need to have your identity documents verified.
Verifying your identity documents
You can verify your documents by:
- booking an appointment with us
- downloading the 'EU Exit: ID Document Check' app on an Android device with NFC
How to book an ID verification appointment
If you are eligible to apply for settled status, you can book an appointment by calling 01296 382 604.
It costs £14 (including VAT) for this service. You will be required to book and pay for an appointment prior to attending.
There is currently no walk in service available.
We are offering appointments in:
- Aylesbury on Wednesdays
- High Wycombe on Thursdays
What to bring to your appointment
You will need to bring:
- your current valid biometric EU passport (for EU citizens) or valid biometric residence card (for non-EU family members of EU citizens)
- a mobile phone that can receive text messages
We will not need to keep your ID document. In most cases you will not usually be asked to send your passport anywhere else during your application for settled status.
This service does not currently accept national identity cards. Only the ID documents listed above can be checked.