Request an ID verification appointment (EU Settlement Scheme)
The EU Settlement Scheme allows you to continue to live in the UK after 30 June 2021 if you, or a family member, are an:
- EU citizen
- EEA citizen
- Swiss citizen
Verifying your identity documents
You can verify your documents by:
- booking an appointment with us
- downloading the 'EU Exit: ID Document Check' app
How to book an ID verification appointment
It costs £14 (including VAT) to have your ID verified at one our offices.
If you are eligible to apply for settled status, you can attend an appointment at either Buckinghamshire Register Office in Aylesbury or at Beaconsfield Registration Office.
Appointments are available in Aylesbury every Wednesday by appointment only, please call 01296 382 604 to book.
We offer a walk in service in Beaconsfield on Fridays only and by appointment at other times by calling 01494 475 205.
What to bring to your appointment
You will need to bring:
- your current valid biometric EU passport (for EU citizens) or valid biometric residence card (for non-EU family members of EU citizens)
- a mobile phone that can receive text messages
We will not need to keep your ID document. In most cases you will not usually be asked to send your passport anywhere else during your application for settled status.
This service does not currently accept national identity cards. Only the ID documents listed above can be checked.
Downloading the app
You can use the EU Exit: ID Document Check app to complete the identity stage of your application under the EU Settlement Scheme. The app will:
- check that your identity document is genuine
- verify that the document belongs to you