Religious weddings

If you are planning a Church of England wedding you should visit the vicar of the parish where you live.  If you want to be married in the church of another Christian denomination, or in the church or building of another religion, you must give notice in the same way as for a marriage in a register office or licensed venue. You can find all the information you need about giving notice of marriage here.

You must usually live in the district where you plan to marry, unless the building is your usual place of worship.

Was this page helpful?

Very poor
Neither good nor poor
Very good