You can order copies of birth, death, marriage or civil partnership certificates from the Register Office in the area where the event occurred.
If you need a copy of a certificate for a marriage which took place in a church, please call one of our offices prior to making an application.
If you are living abroad and need to order a certificate, please use the Priority Service.
For full information on the cost of all certificates, please see our fees page.
How to apply
Please note that your certificate will be sent to you within 15 working days of receipt of your application.
You can order your certificates online using credit or debit cards.
Call into one of our offices between 9 am and 4.30 pm Monday to Friday.
Write to us and include:
- details of the type of certificate you need
- payment by cheque or postal order, please make cheques payable to Buckinghamshire County Council
- a self-addressed envelope with a stamp on
- contact phone number for you
- the information listed below, depending on the certificate that you require.
If you use this service, we guarantee to produce your certificate within 24 hours. You can choose to collect your certificate from the office or we can post it to you by first class post. The fee for this service is shown on our Fees page.
Information needed for ordering certificates