Order birth, death, marriage or civil partnership certificates
You can order copies of birth, death, marriage or civil partnership certificates from the Register Office in the area where the event occurred.
Certificates will be sent by 2nd class post to UK addresses. If you choose the Priority and Overseas Service, they'll be sent by 1st class post.
Ordering your certificate from abroad
If you're living abroad and need to order a certificate, you must use our Priority and Overseas Service.
For full information on the cost of all certificates, please see our fees page.
How to apply
Please note that your certificate will be sent to you within 15 working days of receipt of your application.
If you use our Priority and Overseas Service we will produce your certificate within 24 hours and send it via first class post.
You can order your certificates online using a credit or debit card.
Write to us and include:
- details of the type of certificate you need
- payment by cheque or postal order, please make cheques payable to Buckinghamshire Council
- a self-addressed envelope with a stamp on
- contact phone number for you
- the information listed below, depending on the certificate that you require.
Information needed for ordering certificates
All the details below relate to the person or people whose certificate you want to obtain, please supply their: