European Passport Return Service
The European passport return service is provided by local authorities or nominated premium service centres. The service is only for those making their application online at gov.uk for either of the following:
We will photocopy your EEA or Swiss passport and forward a copy along with your document checklist, application form and supporting documents to the Home Office on your behalf. This means that you are able to keep your passport while your application is being processed.
For any advice or assistance on the application process or requirements on nationality or immigration matters, please contact the Home Office on 0300 123 2241 before attending our office.
We offer a walk-in service on a first come first served basis on Wednesdays between 12.30pm and 2.30pm (please note that waiting times may vary due to the demand for this service). The fee for the service is detailed on our Fees page. For more information please call us on 01296 382604.
Please ensure you put all your documents in an unaddressed envelope before you hand them in to us.
The walk-in service is available at the Buckinghamshire Register Office in Aylesbury.
You must bring the following to your appointment:
- Application Form
- Document Checklist
- Supporting Documents
- Two Identical Passport Photographs
- Using the European Passport Return Service (EPRS) does not guarantee the success of your application and as a local authority we cannot provide any advice on your application.
- The service will not ensure that your form has been correctly completed and we will not correct supporting documents submitted. It is a passport return service.
- The certified copy of your passport along with your document checklist and supporting documents will be submitted to the Home Office.
- The Home Office may contact you for further information after your application has been submitted.
- For further information or Home Office guidance please visit GOV.UK
- Please be aware that although the local authority will photocopy and submit your passport with your original documents the Home Office may write to you to request further documents.
- If an application does not meet the criteria set out by the Home Office on the grounds of incorrect documentation or the requirements are not met there will be no refund of the EPRS handling charge.