You can order copies of birth, death, marriage or civil partnership certificates from the Register Office in the area where the event occurred.
If you need a copy certificate for a birth, death or marriage which has taken place in the last six months, or for a marriage which took place in a church, please call one of our offices prior to making an application.
For full information on the cost of all certificates, please see our Fees page.
How to apply
Please note that your certificate will be sent to you within 7 working days of receipt of your application.
Call into one of our offices between 9am and 3.30pm Monday to Friday.
Write to us and include:
- Details of the type of certificate you need.
- Payment by cheque or postal order (please make cheques payable to Bucks County Council).
- Self addressed envelope with a stamp on.
- Contact phone number for you.
- The information listed below, depending on the copy certificate that you require.
Same day service
For an additional fee, we guarantee to produce the certificate on the same day and you can choose to collect it from the office or we can post it to you by first class post, provided you contact us before 3pm. Applications received after 3pm will be dealt with the following day.
Information needed for copy certificates