Back to School
Buckinghamshire Libraries have a lot to offer students, both in supporting their learning and for unwinding after school. Here are just some of the reasons why students use our libraries:
- Free Wi-Fi and PC access. Customers can connect their devices to the Wi-Fi for studying or entertainment. You can get one hour free per day on our computers with your library card (children under 16 will need permission from their parent or guarantor).
- Printing, scanning and photocopying facilities.
- Quiet study areas. Some of our libraries have designated study areas so that students can concentrate on their work.
- Clubs and events. Libraries offer a large variety, from Homework Club to Coding Club. Find out what events are taking place by checking our events page.
- Access to thousands of fiction and non-fiction books. Children under 16 can place reservations on Buckinghamshire items for free. Search for a book today.
- Access to literature in other languages. Perfect for those studying foreign languages. PressReader is also available for access to thousands of digital newspapers in over 65 languages.
- Online reference resources. Buckinghamshire Libraries provide access to resources such as Oxford Dictionary of National Biography, and Britannica (which is suitable for students at primary and secondary schools). Visit our Online Reference Resources page for the full list.