Apply for a secondary school place
You need to apply for a secondary school place with us if:
- You live in Buckinghamshire and
- Your child will be moving to secondary school in September 2018
The application portal for year 7 entry in September 2018 is now closed.
Once you have made your application you will need to submit the following:
- A scan or photo of your Council Tax bill for this year, or
- A scan or photo of a utility bill dated within the last three months, showing usage
If you need to provide evidence of your circumstances if you are applying for a 'looked after child' or have exceptional medical or social reasons for attending a particular school please use the admissions contact form.
What you need to know:
- You can read the information on Moving up to secondary school before making your application
- You must make your application to your home Local Authority, even if you wish to apply for a school in another area. Find your local council
- You can list up to six preferences. Putting just one school doesn’t give you a better chance of getting in
- List the schools in the order you would like them, not the order you think you might be offered them
- It is best to include your catchment school, even if you put it lower on your application than other schools
- There is no guarantee of a place at your catchment school
- Having a sibling at the school does not guarantee admission but make sure you include your other child’s details on your application
- Putting the same school more than once will not give you any better chance of being offered it
- Remember to think about how your child will travel to school each day, and to consider the transport rules
- Choose an email address to register with that you will have access to on 1 March 2017 when you will receive your school offer
- There is further information provided for What to do if you are moving house.