Apply for a secondary school place
You need to apply for a secondary school place with us if:
- You live in Buckinghamshire and
- Your child will be moving to secondary school in September 2021
The application portal for moving up to a secondary school closed at midnight on 31 October 2020.
For more information about what to do if you have missed the application deadline, visit the 'What if I miss the application deadline?' webpage.
Submit your evidence
Once you have made your application you will need to submit a scan or photo of a utility bill (gas or electricity) dated within the last three months, showing usage at your address.
You need to provide evidence of your circumstances if your child is a 'looked after child' or if you have exceptional medical or social reasons for wanting your child to go to a particular school. To submit the evidence to us, please use the Admissions Team's 'Contact us' form.
If your child is entitled to free school meals or Pupil Premium and you are applying under either of these rules, please send evidence to support your circumstances to the school you are applying for.
What you need to know
- you should read the information on 'Moving up to secondary school' before making your application
- you must make your application through your home local authority, even if you wish to apply for a school in another area. If you are unsure who your local authority is you can find your local council online
- choose an email address to register with that you will have access to on 1 March 2021 when you will receive your school offer
- you can list up to six preferences - putting just one school doesn't give you a better chance of getting in
- list the schools in the order you would like them, not the order you think you might be offered them
- If your child has taken the Secondary Transfer Test, make sure you include a preference for a grammar school/ schools, as you won’t know your child’s test results until after the application deadline
- it is best to include your catchment school, even if you put it lower on your application than other schools
- there is no guarantee of a place at your catchment school
- having a sibling at the school does not guarantee admission, but make sure you include your other child’s details on your application
- remember to think about how your child will travel to school each day, and to consider the transport rules
- there is further information provided for 'What to do if you are moving house'