Apply for a primary school place
You need to apply for a primary school place if:
- you live in Buckinghamshire
- your child is due to start school or move up to junior school in September 2021
The application portal for starting school or moving up to Junior school in September 2021 closed at midnight on 15 January 2021.
If you have missed the deadline, please use the 'contact us' form to request an application.
What you need to know:
- you can read our information on 'Starting school or moving up to junior school' before making your application
- you must make your application through your home local authority, even if you wish to apply for a school in another area. If you are unsure who your local authority is you can find your local council online
- you can list up to six preferences - only putting one school doesn't give you a better chance of getting in
- list the schools in the order you would like them, not the order you think you might be offered them
- it is best to include your catchment school, even if you put it lower on your application than other schools
- having a sibling at the school does not guarantee admission, but make sure you include your other child's details on your application
- putting the same school more than once will not give you any better chance of being offered it
- choose an email address to register with that you will have access to on 16 April 2020 when you will receive your school offer
- there is further information provided for 'What to do if you are moving house'