Apply for a primary school place
You need to apply for a primary school place if:
- you live in Buckinghamshire
- your child is due to start school or move up to Junior school in September 2019
The application portal will close at 3pm on 15 January 2019.
If you are moving up to Junior school the Unique Identifier (UID) is used to help us match a child's application to their record held on our database. You may be prompted to enter this code when making your application. However if the details you enter match our database exactly, you will not be prompted for the UID number.
What happens next?
Once you have made your application you will need to submit the following:
- a scan or photo of your Council Tax bill for this 2018/19
- a scan or photo of a utility bill dated within the last three months, showing usage
You need to provide evidence of your circumstances if you are applying for a 'looked after child' or have exceptional medical or social reasons for attending a particular school. If this is the case please use the admissions contact form.
What you need to know:
- you must apply for a school place in the county that you live in, even if you wish to apply to a school in another county. Find your local council
- you can list up to six preferences. Putting just one school doesn’t give you a better chance of getting in
- list the schools in the order you would like them, not the order you think you might be offered them
- it is best to include your catchment school, even if you put it lower on your application than other schools
- there is no guarantee of a place at your catchment school
- having a sibling at the school does not guarantee admission but make sure you include your other child’s details on your application
- putting the same school more than once will not give you any better chance of being offered it
Dagnall School is currently in the process of consulting on becoming and all through primary school from September 2019. If successful they will be offering Year 3 places from this date.
Please check the school's website for updated information on the consultation process.