Cold weather can bring on illness, especially if you have an existing health condition. We can advise you on how to keep warm over winter while keeping your bills down.
Call 0800 1070044, 9-5 Monday to Friday for free and impartial advice on:
- Grants/loans for home improvements
- Loft and cavity wall insulation
- Switching to a lower cost energy supplier
- Social tariffs (special rates for vulnerable residents)
- How to deal with unpaid fuel bills
- Claiming the benefits you are entitled to
- Support organisations in our area
- Energy efficiency to keep bills down
The first step to reducing heating bills is to stop warmth escaping. Insulation helps keep heat you pay for in your home. If you're aged 70 or over or receive means tested benefits cavity wall insulation is very likely to be free. Loft insulation is also free if you have less than 60mm already in place. If your property is larger than an average three bedroom house, access is difficult or extra vents are required, you may be asked to make a contribution.
The helpline is run by the United Sustainable Energy Agency in partnership with Buckinghamshire County Council, Buckinghamshire District Councils, and Buckinghamshire Primary Care Trust.