Renew a library loan
If you would like to keep your library book or item for more than 21 days you may renew it up to 4 times either online, by phone or in person at any library.
You will need:
- Your Buckinghamshire library card number and PIN
Renewing a library book or item online takes around 5 minutes.
To renew your loans online:
- Login with your library card number (the long number on the back of your library card) at Borrower ID and PIN to access your library account.
- Click on Current loans to display your current loans.
- To renew individual loans tick the checkbox for each loan you would like to renew then click Renew Selections.
- If you want to renew all your current loans, click Renew All.
Other ways to renew:
- Automated 24/7 renewal line, available 24 hours a day at 0303 123 0035;
- Telephone 01296 382415
- in person at any library – no need to bring the books with you, unless you have renewed 4 times already.
Please have your library card number with you, when you renew.
Why can’t I renew?
It is not always possible to renew your item:
- online, if it has been renewed 4 times already. Please bring the item into any library to renew.
- if it has been requested by another customer.
- if your account has been blocked e.g. If an adult has reached £10 debt, or if you have an item which has reached the long overdue stage (over 60 days).
Avoid an overdue charge
Most items are loaned for 21 days. Overdue charges are applied if you don't return or renew the item by the due date. A charge is applied each day that the library you borrowed it from is open, until you return it. There is a maximum charge per loan.
You can renew up to 4 times, unless your items have been requested by another customer.
Receive email alerts before your items are due for renewal with Library Elf
Library Elf tells you when your loans are almost due for return and when your reservations are ready to be collected. You can register several users on one account, so one email alert works for the whole family.
All you need to do is sign up with your email address, Buckinghamshire Libraries library card number and PIN.