Buckinghamshire Libraries can help get your children reading.
It is free for children to join the library.
- books can be reserved by children free of charge
- up to 20 items per library card
- are payable
Introducing the Summer Reading Challenge 2017
Children aged 4 - 11 can join in the fun with Animal Agents, the Summer Reading Challenge 2017
Sign up at any library. Then read six books of your choice (printed books, audio books or ebooks) and collect prizes along the way – all for FREE.
Kids Write, Teens Decide Writing Competition
Coming soon our exciting new children's writing competition for children aged between 6 and 11 years old.
Launching on the Saturday 15 July 2017, children are invited to write a fictional short story or poem (no more than 750 words in length) or create a comic book strip.
- a range of fiction and non-fiction books
- board books
- picture books
- books in giant print and braille
- books in foreign languages
Choosing something to read
Library staff are happy to offer advice on new titles and books to stretch committed and to tempt reluctant readers or you could try Who Next? online resource.
Playgroups and registered childminders
If you are a registered childminder or the leader of a playgroup:
- you can borrow up to 25 children's books
- books can be borrowed for periods of 28 days (max 4 renewals)
- no charges
Please bring written proof of your registered childminder or playgroup leader status with you when you visit the library to.
Groups can arrange to visit the library. To organise a trip,
- are free for up to 1 hour for homework, fun or pursuing hobbies
- under 16s must bring their library membership card with them and have written permission from their parent or guardian
- under 8s must be accompanied by a parent or carer when accessing the internet on library computers
- there is a small
Be safe online
- - designed to help children and young people keep themselves safe online. Developed by the Child Exploitation and Online Protection Centre.
- From cyber-bullying to over-sharing, mobiles to social media - do you know how to keep yourself safe online? Get tips on tackling trolls, protecting your personal info and lots more! -
- partnership of three leading organisations: , and with one mission - to promote the safe and responsible use of technology for young people. is a