Householders can deposit their own personal waste at our Household Waste and Recycling Centres (HWRCs). There are a few materials which we cannot accept and a list of what materials we do recycle at these centres.
What we don’t accept at our HWRCs
- Animal bedding, carcasses and faeces
- Contaminated materials presenting a direct contact risk
- Unsectioned trees
- Flammable liquids and explosives e.g. petrol / fireworks / ammunitions
What we recycle at our HWRCs
- Car batteries (up to 2 per year) and domestic batteries (e.g. torch type and small rechargeable)
- Car tyres (up to 5 car tyres per year)
- Cooking Oil
- Engine Filters and waste engine oil (up to 10 litres per year)
- Glass bottles and jars
- Garden waste
- Gas bottles
- Fluorescent tubes including all energy saving fluorescent bulbs not just the strip lighting (up to 4 fluorescent tubes per year)
- Hardcore (eg bricks, rubble)
- Household Electrical Goods
- Man Made Wood (eg Chipboard or MDF)
- Paper - excluding Christmas wrapping paper
- Scrap metal including fridges, foil and drinks cans
We also accept other non-hazardous waste from members of the public if it is their own personal waste.
Suitable waste items deposited at our sites may be made available for re-use. This recycling of re-useable items includes a shop at the Aston Clinton site, near Aylesbury and the High Heavens, High Wycombe site.
Accepted at some centres with conditions
Commercial / trade waste
Please note our trade facilities operate with different opening hours and there is a charge for disposal. Please see Commercial waste
for more details.
Is there anything wrong with this page?