Householders can deposit their own personal waste at our centres. There are a few materials which we cannot accept and a list of what materials we do recycle at these centres.
What we don’t accept
- Animal bedding, carcasses and faeces
- Contaminated materials presenting a direct contact risk
- Unsectioned trees
- Flammable liquids and explosives e.g. petrol / fireworks / ammunitions
What we recycle at our HWRCs
- Car batteries (up to 2 per year) and domestic batteries (eg torch type and small rechargeable)
- Car tyres (up to 5 car tyres per year)
- Cooking Oil
- Engine Filters and waste engine oil (up to 10 litres per year)
- Glass bottles and jars
- Garden waste
- Gas bottles
- Fluorescent tubes includes all energy saving fluorescent bulbs not just the strip lighting (up to 4 fluorescent tubes per year)
- Hardcore (eg bricks, rubble)
- Household Electrical Goods
- Man Made Wood (eg Chipboard or MDF)
- Paper - excluding Christmas wrapping paper
- Scrap metal including fridges, foil and drinks cans
We also accept other non hazardous waste from members of the public if it is their own personal waste.
Suitable waste items deposited at our sites may be made available for re-use. This recycling of re-useable items includes a shop at the Aston Clinton site, near Aylesbury and the High Heavens, High Wycombe site.
Accepted at some centres with conditions
- Asbestos and garden chemicals - further rules apply
Plasterboard is accepted at Amersham, Aston Clinton, Aylesbury, Beaconsfield, High Heavens and Langley HWRC only.
(Please ensure that you remove all tiles, wood, concrete render, plastic, bricks, cement board and metal from the plasterboard before bringing it to our sites for recycling).
- Commercial / trade waste - please note our trade facilities operate with different opening hours and there is a charge for disposal. Please see Commercial waste for more details.
Is there anything wrong with this page?