| Home | Latest news | Site Map | Search | FAQ | Website accessibility | Customer complaints | Terms and Conditions | Website Feedback Form | Access Keys |
Skip to content

Commercial waste

Commercial waste

Trade waste - non hazardous material only

Commercial/business waste can be deposited at trade facilities at 5 of our sites. Trade waste is charged by weight.

Opening times
LocationDays open Time open 
Amersham HWRC Monday to Friday 9am to 5pm
Aston Clinton HWRC Monday to Friday 9am to 5pm
Aylesbury HWRC Monday to Friday 9am to 5pm
Beaconsfield HWRC Monday to Friday 9am to 5pm
High Heavens HWRC Monday to Friday 9am to 5pm


Trade waste charges
Cost for general waste  Cost for clean mixed recyclables  Cost for clean green waste  
WeightExc VATInc VAT (20%)WeightExc VAT

Inc VAT(20%)

WeightExc VATInc VAT (20%)
Up to 250 Kilos £46.56 £55.87 Up to 250 kilos £35 £42 Up to 250 Kilos £29.70 £35.64
251 to 600 Kilos £84.06 £100.87 251-750 kilos £64 £76.80 251 to 750 Kilos £55.50 £66.60
Over 600 Kilos £140.10 per tonne £168.12 per tonne Over 750 kilos £86 per tonne £103.20 per tonne Over 750 Kilos £74 per tonne £88.80 per tonne

We accept non commercial fridge/freezers for £25 excluding VAT each (£30 including VAT).

We only accept debit/credit cards or business cheques. With cheques, we need proof of address, telephone number and a cheque guarantee card.  

Apologies for any inconvenience, but no cash can be accepted on site. 

These items are not accepted from trade - air conditioning units, asbestos, batteries, chemicals, commercial fridge/freezers, computer monitors, fluorescent tube lights, gas bottles, oil, televisions and tyres.

Traders need to provide a valid Waste Carriers License/Exemption letter and a completed waste transfer note every visit. These are issued by the Environment Agency, contact 08708 506 506 (ask for Authorisation department). If you are carrying waste and are not registered with the Environment Agency, you may be prosecuted and fined.

These sites accept commercial vehicles up to 7.5 tonnes.

What is trade waste?

Trade waste includes all waste generated by the following kinds of organisations (but not exclusively):

  • Any kind of business or profit-making organisation (including trading arms of charities)
  • Shops
  • Offices
  • Colleges
  • Homes for the elderly
  • Hospitals
  • A business activity being undertaken from a residential home

Commercial vehicles

If you want to take your personal household waste in a commercial vehicle, you need a permit. To obtain a permit, the householder needs to ring the Waste Permit line on 01296 387828 or complete the online waste permit form. If you are carrying waste for someone else then it is trade waste.

Five of our Household Waste and Recycling Centres are also trade sites. These can be used Monday to Friday to dispose of trade waste and will accept commercial vehicles up to 7.5 tonnes. Under the Control of Pollution Act 1974, the collection and disposal of commercial waste is not included in the council tax or the unified business rate and is, therefore, a chargeable service. If it is commercial or trade waste it should go through a trade facility (such as one of our five trade sites) and pay a fee for disposal.

Environment Agency

The Environment Agency (EA) is the licensing and enforcing body for waste management. They hold lists of all disposal sites and provide Waste Carrier Licensing and advice on Duty of Care. They have a helpline, 0870 8506506, open from 8am until 8pm Monday to Friday and 9am until 4pm on Saturday (it is closed on Sunday).  If your enquiry is about Waste Carriers License (traders may need to obtain this license if they are carrying other people waste), call this number and ask for Authorisation department.

Waste carrier

You should only transfer your waste to an authorised person (a waste carrier who is registered with the Environment Agency, a waste collection authority - district councils in Buckinghamshire) or to a Waste Manager who is authorized to accept the waste (a holder of a waste management license or a person who has registered a valid exception).

Householders should ask to see a company's waste carrier registration or telephone the Environment Agency for an instant Waste Carrier Validation check (telephone: 0870 8506506), and should refuse the service if the company is unable to produce one.

Public weighbridge

There are other sites that provide public weighs - various costs - find out more about public weighbridges