Wherever possible we make our routes accessible to everyone. We are always looking for opportunities for improvements by:
- removing barriers to enable access for wheelchairs, mobility scooters and pushchairs
- replacing stiles with easy access gates
- providing better information on disabled access routes
- ramping any new bridges
- publishing annually the number of stiles we remove
- having an ambition to make the Chiltern Way stile-free through Buckinghamshire
A disabled rambler, Gavin Caspersz who sits on the Buckinghamshire Local Access Forum advises us on disabled routes in the county. He uses a mobility scooter to access rights of way and tests them for us.
You can hire a mobility scooter at these countryside sites:
- Bridgewater Monument, Asheridge, Tring - National Trust - (Grid Ref: SP971, 131) telephone: 01442 851227.
- Burnham Beeches, Farnham Royal, (Grid Ref: SU 950 850) telephone: 01753 647358.
- College Lake BBOWT Reserve, Tring (Grid Ref: SP 934 140) telephone: 01442 826774.
- Black Park Country Park, Wexham, near Slough, (Grid Ref: TQ 010, 827) telephone: 01753 511060.
For information on easy access routes, you can download a selection of walks below or contact Chilterns Conservation Board. The 'Miles Without Stiles' booklet can be downloaded from the Chilterns Conservation Board website or obtain a hard copy from:
Chilterns Conservation Board
The Lodge, Station Road, Chinnor, Oxon OX39 4HA
Telephone: 01844 355504