The EPS Traded Service enables schools, other settings and organisations to purchase time with an Educational Psychologist. The nature of EPS Traded Service involvement is negotiated between the school / setting / organisation and the EP, allowing for a more flexible response to their particular needs. The type of service agreed may be focused outside of current EPS core work, for example on pupils that would not meet EPS / Local Authority thresholds for involvement, ensuring that Traded Service involvement is able to focus on raising the achievement of all pupils. Purchasing from the EPS Traded Service does not affect Buckinghamshire schools access to their Link EP.
Involvement from a Traded Service Educational Psychologist can cover a range of work at individual, small group and whole school levels, including consultation, assessment and intervention, promoting psychological well-being, inclusion and raising standards across the full range of age and abilities. Individual level: For example, psychological assessment and interventions (including therapeutic interventions) for children and young people aged 0-25 years old; Psychological advice focused on narrowing gaps in attainment and improving academic progress; Psychological interventions with family of child/young person; contribute towards multi-agency meetings about child/young person
Staff group / class level: For example, psychological interventions to develop particular skills e.g. study skills, thinking skills, exam stress; psychological interventions focused on narrowing the gap and improving academic progress; support to small groups of staff in managing a particular issue e.g. challenging behaviour and disaffection; professional supervision to school staff
Strategic, systems and organisational level: For example, supporting the development of whole school strategies and systems; Audit of SEN processes and policies; project development and research work e.g. evaluating interventions, investigation of particular groups
CPD / Training: All training is tailored to the specific needs of the school/setting and is delivered at a venue organised by them. Training can be offered in small, interactive groups or as lectures to larger groups. The price is fixed regardless of the number of delegates. Twilight and early morning sessions can be accommodated. Training can be bought individually (these costs include preparation time) or as part of an EPS Service Package. The attached list represents some of the training topics that have been covered by the Buckinghamshire EPS, but is not exhaustive. EPS lead training courses receive excellent feedback, for example during 2013/14, 95% of all attendees rated their training as “High Satisfaction” and 99% of attendees would recommend their training to someone else. Comments from course attendees include: “Incredibly informative and lots of great inspirational ideas” “Excellent - really thought provoking” “Very valuable and well worth attending” “Excellent, thank you, I have learnt so much” “Course was very enjoyable and delivery was excellent”.
The Traded Service is bought in blocks of time, specifically “days”.Annual contracts run according to the academic calendar, from 1 September to 31 August, but are delivered term time. We are able to provide this service for all schools, academies and other education settings (including pre-schools, children’s centres, universities, further education establishments), but are unable to sell our services directly to parents / carers.
- EPS 1: 3 days per annum e.g. 1 day per term
- EPS 2: 6 days per annum e.g. 1 day per half term
- EPS 3: 19 days per annum e.g. 1 day per fortnight
- EPS 4: 38 days per annum e.g. 1 day per week. The EP will be co-located on the school site.
Pay as Use contracts:
- 1 day of EP time, bought as needed
- 1 day of training delivered by an EP
- Half day of training delivered by an EP
Traded Services may be purchased at any time of the year, however availability is determined by capacity. Schools and settings are strongly advised to book EPS Traded Services at the start of the financial year to guarantee EP availability.
We are happy to develop bespoke packages, please contact the EPS to discuss further, for example:
- Mental Health in Schools e.g. Training for primary and secondary schools in how to set up and run Pyramid Clubs, mental health consultation where an. EP attends the school and leads mental health consultation meetings with a group of school staff, mental health training, training on the Incredible Years Teacher Classroom Management Programme
- Nurture Groups. Buckinghamshire EPS have been running a Nurture Group programme since 2007. It now encompasses 33 Primary schools and 8 Secondary schools. It is free to specific Buckinghamshire schools who sign up to the programme. Schools who are not entitled to free support may wish to discuss alternative options provided by Traded Services.
- Holding Hands – a parenting programme for children 2 to 6 years of age who are presenting with behaviours that are challenging to their parents/carers.
- Video Interactive Guidance (VIG) / Video Enhanced Reflective Practice (VERP). Using video clips of authentic situations to enhance communication within relationships e.g. parents, carers, children, staff and staff groups. EPS VIG Practitioners can be requested to work on specific issues, or can offer VIG Supervision to other people undertaking VIG training.
We do charge for the EPS Traded Service, but this is only to recover the cost of providing this additional service. Prices can be found in the Traded Services leaflet, or for bespoke packages and pricing please email email@example.com .