Human infectious diseases
An Influenza pandemic, like Swine Flu is caused when a new strain of flu emerges, which people have limited or no immunity to. This means the flu is more likely to spread.
What can you do?
Preventing the spread of germs is the best way to slow the spread of diseases.
You can help to protect yourself and your family by:
- Ensuring everyone washes their hands regularly with soap and water
- Cleaning surfaces regularly
You can prevent a virus spreading to others by:
- Always carrying tissues and using them to cover your mouth and nose when you cough or sneeze
- Binning the tissues as soon as possible
- Washing your hands regularly
Catch it, Bin it, Kill it, is an easy way to remember this.
Public Health England has published information on the Zika Virus.
Is there anything wrong with this page?