Purchased Educational Psychology Sservice (EPS) time can be used for work including assessment, promoting psychological well-being, inclusion and raising standards across the full range of age and abilities at individual level, group/class level and/ or strategic, systems and organisational level. In addition, specific activities may be purchased as discrete pieces of work, such as CPD/ training, policy development, etc.
- Psychological assessment and interventions (including therapeutic interventions)
- Psychological advice focused on narrowing gaps in attainment and improving academic progress
- Psychological interventions with family of child/young person
- Contribute towards multi-agency meetings about child/young person
- Psychological interventions to develop particular skills e.g. study skills, thinking skills, exam stress
- Psychological interventions focused on narrowing the gap and improving academic progress
- Support to small groups of staff in managing a particular issue e.g. challenging behaviour and disaffection
- Professional supervision to school staff
Strategic, systems and organisational level
- Support development of whole school strategies and systems
- Continuing Professional Development for staff on school-determined topics with a psychological basis
Project development and research work e.g. evaluating interventions, investigation of particular groups
In addition, specific activities may be purchased as discrete pieces of work. Examples include:
- Supervision (Head Teachers; Teachers; Support Staff)
- Policy Development
- Specific Psychology Assistant Activities (e.g. “Social Skills 4 Life”; support for exam prep.)
|Service Packages||Cost (Bucks Schools*)||Cost (Other Schools)|
|EPS 1: 3 days per annum - (e.g. 1 day per term)
|EPS 2: 6 days per annum - (e.g. 1 day per half term)
|EPS 3: 19 days per annum - (e.g. 1 day per fortnight)
|EPS 4: 38 days per annum - (e.g. 1 day per week)
Pay As Use: 1 day
The Service may be purchased when required subject to availability.
|£554 per day
||£610 per day
Pay As Use Training: 1 day
|£914 per day
||£1,006 per day
|Pay As Use Training: Half day
||£457 per day
||£503 per day
* Bucks Schools = Buckinghamshire Maintained Schools, Buckinghamshire Free Schools and Buckinghamshire Academies
This service enables schools, other settings and agencies to purchase EPS Services as required. The level of service can be agreed in advance or purchased as required. Specific and discrete pieces of work may also be purchased as required (e.g. CPD/training; Psychology Assistant interventions; clinical/professional supervision). The type of service agreed may be focused outside of current EPS core work and/or highest priority groups.
EP professional staff are Educational Psychologists, Trainee Educational Psychologists and Psychology Assistants.
- Schools can plan for anticipated demand for Service.
- Professionals from the EPS to be available for a greater variety of work that can better match the particular needs of the school. For example, this may include work in addition to higher priority groups/core work.
- The opportunity to work with the EPS at a number of levels including strategic and group level.
- EPS work able to focus on raising the achievement of all pupils.
- The nature of the work to be carried out would be able to be negotiated between the school and the EP.
- Increased availability of Educational Psychologist and other EPS professionals.
- More flexible response to school’s particular needs.
- The opportunity for schools to develop a closer relationship with EPS professionals.
- Schools able to develop an increased understanding of broader range of EP work.
- Increased opportunities for therapeutic work.
- More efficient use of time.
- Schools able to request specific CPD support.
- Schools able to request specific Psychology Assistant support.
The Educational Psychology Traded Service we can be emailed directly at firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 01296 383219.