These centres support families to stay together whenever possible and help family life to be a positive and happy experience for parents and their children.
We work with families who have been referred by social workers, health visitors and professionals from schools, probation officers and mental health visitors. Referrals are made to meet a variety of needs such as family support, assessments, where there is a risk of family breakdown or a child is at risk from significant harm.
Services we provide:
- Individual child work. This includes work on keeping safe, disclosure, self-esteem and life story
- Individual adult work - protective work (to support parents and ensure their children are safe. This includes positive parenting, self-awareness and self esteem, anger management, life story and parent and child play sessions.
- Supervised contact as part of ongoing work
- Positive parenting group
- Family support group
- School holiday clubs (for children aged 5 - 12)
- Outreach sessions within family homes
- Groups for Asian speaking mothers
- Assessments of families
- A referral explaining your families needs is sent to the family centre and then a key worker from the centre will be identified to work with you.
- Prior to you attending the centre a member of staff will visit you at home. Wherever possible we will jointly visit with the referrer. The purpose of this visit is to:
- meet you and for you to meet us
- share the information from the referral form with you
- discuss aims of family centre involvement
- enable us to gain an understanding, from you, of your families needs
- This visit provides you with the opportunity to ask any questions or discuss any anxieties you may have.
- If you choose to attend the centre an agreement meeting is set up to which you and all professionals involved with your family are invited. During this meeting a plan of work for you at the centre will be made.
- A review meeting will be held every six weeks. Involved in this meeting will be you, family centre staff and other involved professionals . A review form is completed. Prior to the meeting your key worker will share the form and comments on your placement time with you. You will also have the opportunity to make your comments either verbally or in writing. During this meeting the centre's work is discussed and feedback is invited from all attending the meeting.
- The staff at the centre work together as a team and will share information with each other about families who attend the centre. When required we will liaise and share information with other involved professionals. When this happens we will always let you know. We do not discuss your situation with other clients.
- If you would like to comment, compliment or complain about our service please follow our feedback procedure.
How to find us:
Eligibility for using these facilities is established by referral from a relevant organisation or professional.
Winterton Drive Family Centre
Telephone: 01296 421828
Opening hours: 9am - 5.30pm
Desborough Road Family Centre
West Richardson Street
Telephone: 01494 445964
Opening hours: 9am - 5.30pm