Feedback and complaints

Feedback and complaints

We aim to provide high quality services which deliver good value for money. 

We want to hear what you think about our services. We want to know when things go right, when things go wrong, and to hear your ideas on how we could do things better. What you say is important and will help us improve our services to you. 

If you have a suggestion for improvement, a complaint or compliment about a specific service, please contact the person or service area you have been dealing with.  You can call 0845 3708090 and ask to speak to them or use the online form.

Any issues you raise will be investigated. If it's not possible to resolve the situation straight away we will aim to get back to you within 28 days. We will also let you know what to do if you are still unhappy.

Complaints we receive are handled under our Feedback and Complaints procedure (PDF, opens in a new window)

If you have a complaint about our response to a Freedom of Information, Data Protection or Environmental Information Regulations request, use the online form. These complaints go straight to stage 3 of the process and are subject to an internal review.

These areas have their own procedures:

Taking your complaint further

If you're not happy with the way we deal with your complaint, you can ask the Local Government Ombudsman (LGO) to look at the problem. 

This service is free and totally independent. The Ombudsman will not normally investigate a complaint until it has completed the final stage of our own complaints process. There are a small number of types of complaint the LGO is unable to investigate - please contact the LGO for advice as to whether your complaint is something they are able to investigate. For more information, please visit the LGO website, call their advice team on 0300 061 0614, email:, text 'call back' to 0762 4803014, or write to the Local Government Ombudsman, PO Box 4771, Coventry, CV4 0EH.

Please note, if you are unhappy about our response to a complaint about the handling of an Information Request under DPA, FOIA or EIR, you can ask the Information Commissioner to look at the matter.  For more information, please visit the Information Commissioner's website.