Apply for a secondary school place
You need to apply for a secondary school place with us if:
- You live in Buckinghamshire and
- Your child will be moving to secondary school in September 2018
The application portal for year 7 entry in September 2018 is now open. Please ensure you have read our Guide for applying online before making your application.
Once you have made your application you will need to submit the following:
- A scan or photo of your Council Tax bill for this year, or
- A scan or photo of a utility bill dated within the last three months, showing usage
If you need to provide evidence of your circumstances if you are applying for a 'looked after child' or have exceptional medical or social reasons for attending a particular school please use the admissions contact form.
What you need to know:
- You can read the information on Moving up to secondary school before making your application
- You must make your application to your home Local Authority, even if you wish to apply for a school in another area. Find your local council
- You can list up to six preferences. Putting just one school doesn’t give you a better chance of getting in
- List the schools in the order you would like them, not the order you think you might be offered them
- It is best to include your catchment school, even if you put it lower on your application than other schools
- There is no guarantee of a place at your catchment school
- Having a sibling at the school does not guarantee admission but make sure you include your other child’s details on your application
- Putting the same school more than once will not give you any better chance of being offered it
- Remember to think about how your child will travel to school each day, and to consider the transport rules
- Choose an email address to register with that you will have access to on 1 March 2017 when you will receive your school offer
- There is further information provided for What to do if you are moving house.