| Home | Latest news | Site Map | Search | FAQ | Website accessibility | Customer complaints | Terms and Conditions | Website Feedback Form | Access Keys |
Skip to content

Scheme pensioners

Scheme pensioners

Line of people

Our pensioners include retired local government employees, dependants of deceased former members (husband, wife, civil partner, nominated cohabiting partner or child) and people who have been awarded a pension on divorce or dissolution of a civil partnership with an LGPS member.

Pensions are taxable and are paid monthly, directly into your bank. We will issue your P60 by the end of May each year. Your P60 is a summary of your pay and tax details for the tax year. Don't throw these away as we are unable to re-issue original P60s.

Pensioner pay dates 2016-17


Pay Day

April 2016 Friday 29 April
May 2016 Tuesday 31 May
June 2016 Thursday 30 June
July 2016 Friday 29 July
August 2016 Wednesday 31 August
September 2016 Friday 30 September
October 2016 Monday 31 October
November 2016 Wednesday 30 November
December 2016 Friday 30 December 
January 2017 Tuesday 31 January
February 2017 Tuesday 28 February
March 2017 Friday 31 March
April 2017 Friday 28 April
May 2017 Wednesday 31 May


If you have any tax queries, you should contact the tax office on 0300 200 3300, or by post to the address provided below. Please quote the relevant tax office reference number:

  • Local Government Pension Scheme  Tax reference 120/JZ56432

If you change any of your personal details, such as your address, the bank/building society account your pension is paid into, name or marital status, please confirm your new details in writing to ensure you continue to receive your pension.

Changing your address

You must inform us of a change of address in writing. Please ensure that all correspondence includes your full name, signature and either your pension payroll number or national insurance number.

Even though your pension is paid direct to the bank, we still need to know if you change your address. If we have mail returned from your address, or the bank returns a payment, payment of your pension will be suspended until we hear from you.

Changing your bank details

For security reasons you must make a written request for any changes to your bank details. Please let us have any changes by the 14th of the month and remember that any correspondence must include your:

  • Pension payroll number or National Insurance number
  • Full name 
  • Name of Bank/Building Society
  • Bank account number, sort code and reference number if applicable
  • Name of account holder(s)
  • Signature

You can usually continue to receive your pension if you move abroad.

Postal address

Pensions & Investments Team
Buckinghamshire County Council
County Hall
Walton Street
HP20 1UD

Is there anything wrong with this page?